Ask the average American what source of energy is most likely to help us meet future challenges of a warming planet and they’ll probably say electricity.
But the truth is, propane gas is a key to a future that is less dependent on carbon. In fact, propane offers many advantages when compared to electricity.
Consider these propane benefits:
- It’s greener – Propane is a clean, low-carbon fuel that is an approved alternative fuel under the U.S. EPA’s Clean Air Act. In fact, choosing propane rather than electricity for space heating, cooking, clothes drying, and water heating could cut carbon emissions in half. Replace your electric clothes dryer with a propane-fueled model, for example, and you could reduce CO emissions by as much as three tons over the course of its useful life, according to the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC).
- It delivers energy efficiently – According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, nearly two-thirds of electricity generated at most power plants is lost between the plant and the consumer. Propane gas, on the other hand, is energy generated on the spot – it does not degrade, is easily stored, and is ready for immediate use.
- It’s the fuel of choice for many rural customers – More than 12 million households in rural America depend on propane’s direct energy for heat, power, and appliances, and four out of five of U.S. farmers use propane grain dryers. By drying grain onsite, farmers reduce crop loss and improve yield, helping them to preserve razor-thin margins.
- It’s there when you need it most – Highly portable propane is energy on demand, which makes it an incredibly reliable energy source after hurricanes, wildfires, or other disasters paralyze a community. It’s also the perfect fuel for generators, which can keep your appliances, safety systems, and other equipment working when the grid is down.
- It protects our most vulnerable consumers – According to a study released by the American Gas Association, policies that would force residents to convert their homes to electricity would increase average residential energy costs by as much as $910 per year, forcing lower income Americans to choose between heating their homes and critical necessities like food and medicine.
When it comes to providing high-efficiency energy without the carbon hangover, propane is a great choice for your Maryland home. Contact us today to learn more about clean, green propane and propane deliveries in MD for your home or business.
Please note: At Q-Dog, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our Covid-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep our your family and our crews safe and your propane deliveries coming when you need them.