If you already use propane gas, you probably know that it’s one of the most versatile fuels around. In fact, just about any appliance that runs on electricity can run on propane – and usually far more efficiently.
Take propane water heaters, for example. Propane water heaters cost 30 percent less to operate than their electric counterparts, and even less if you choose a tankless option.
But water heaters are just the tip of the efficiency-improving iceberg. Propane furnaces are extremely efficient, which some models reaching AFUE ratings* into the mid- to upper-90s. That’s considerably more than a heating oil furnace, which typically has an AFUE rating in the mid- to upper 80s. Propane fireplaces are four or five times more efficient than a wood-burning hearth, too.
Propane: more that just better efficiency
Of course great efficiency is just one benefit of choosing propane. Consider some of the practical ways that propane improves your quality of life at home:
- Propane furnaces feature two-stage gas burners and variable speed motors that deliver consistently warm air everywhere in your home, no matter how cold it gets outside.
- Propane gas cooking ranges, available in a variety of sizes and styles, give you precision temperature control that no electric stovetop can match.
- Propane fireplaces give you the warm glow of a fire without the set up or clean up of a wood fire.
- Propane water heaters have a much faster recovery period than electric models, so you’ll enjoy longer, hotter showers.
- Propane clothes dryers dry faster with less wear and tear on your clothes.
In all cases, you’ll save money and get better performance with propane than electricity.
Propane is also a much cleaner and more efficient fuel than electricity – which means it’s better for the environment. In fact as much as two-thirds of the energy used by a power plant to generate and transmit electricity is wasted – another win for propane.
Thinking about switching to propane in your Maryland home? Make Q-Dog your propane provider! Contact us today to learn more, or to become a Q-Dog customer.