It’s easy to dismiss propane as the “fuel in a can” under your barbecue grill or connected to your camping stove – but propane is so much more than that.
Here are just some of the things that propane can do inside and outside your Maryland home:
- Provide efficient heat – Propane gas burns hot and clean, so a propane furnace or propane space heater will heat your home faster and perform better in low temperatures than an electric heat pump – all while shrinking the carbon footprint of your Maryland home.
- Cut your water heating bills by 20 percent or more – Heating water accounts for nearly 20 percent of your monthly energy bill, so anything that helps you reduce the amount of energy you need for that task will help your bottom line. Switching from an electric to a propane water heater will save you 20 percent or more on your energy bill – as much as 40 percent if you switch to a tankless model.
- Heat your pool – The only thing that can compete with a cool dip on a hot day is a warm dip on a cool day. With a propane pool heater, your pool will always be the perfect temperature for swimming.
- Add a centerpiece to your living room – Install a propane fireplace, or replace the wood-burning component of your existing fireplace with a propane fireplace insert or log set, and you will increase your heating efficiency by more than 400 percent. You will also get to skip the wood gathering and ash cleanup: your roaring fire will always be a click away.
- Boost your outdoor “wow” factor – Turn your outdoor space into your family’s favorite room with the power of propane. Add a propane hearth, propane-powered lighting, a propane space heater, or even a built-in propane grill to really take your outdoor entertaining up a notch.
- Help you cook like a pro – A propane cooking range gives you precision control over cooking heat – a big reason why more than 9 out of 10 professional chefs choose to cook with gas.
- Save money and your wardrobe – Propane dryers can save you 20 percent of yearly energy costs. They produce less static, too, so your clothes will last longer.
- Protect your home and property – A propane whole house backup generator can protect your family, your property, and your valuables during a power outage.
Propane appliances – the more you have, the more you’ll save. Just make sure you get your propane from Q-Dog – the most reliable propane supplier in our Maryland service area! Contact us today to become a Q-Dog propane customer.
Q-Dog – your source for quality discount oil and gas in Calvert, Charles, St. Mary’s, Anne Arundel and Prince George’s counties, MD.