Mention propane to most people and they think of barbecue tanks. But propane can be used for just about any appliance operating inside or outside your home, fueled discreetly from underground tanks.
Here are 10 ways you can use propane in and around your home:
- Outdoor Living – An outdoor kitchen, fire pit, or space heater can turn your backyard into a retreat, extending your outdoor entertainment season by a month or more.
- Pool Heaters – Propane-powered pool heaters warm water more quickly than solar models and more cost-effectively than electric models – all without needing a natural gas connection.
- Cooking Grills – Propane gas grills allow precision temperature control with no charcoal residue, ash, or bad odors to worry about.
- Water Heaters – Propane water heaters cost up to 30 percent less to operate than electric heaters, with a recovery rate that’s nearly twice as fast as electric models (which means no more cold showers!).
- Backup Generators – A propane whole house backup generator can protect your family, your property, and your valuables during a power outage.
- Furnaces – Propane furnaces heat your home for about half the cost of electricity, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Space Heaters – Propane space heaters are incredible efficient, clean burning, and versatile, with models available in many sizes and styles.
- Ovens and Ranges – Propane ovens and ranges are significantly less expensive to run than electric units and give you greater temperature control – the key reason why more than nine out of ten chefs choose to cook with gas.
- Clothes Dryers – Propane dryers run about twice as efficiently as electric dryers – and they cause less wear and tear on fabrics.
- Fireplaces – Propane fireplaces offer hearth comfort with no messy set-up or cleanup – all while operating more efficiently and throwing more heat into your room (rather than up your chimney).
Propane is one of the most versatile fuels around – and if you need a reliable supply of it, no one in Maryland delivers it better than Q-Dog. Contact us today to learn more!